Thank you for your interest in Heeling Partners of theRoaring Fork Valley. We are an all-volunteer, non-profit 501c(3)organization based in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Our mission is to assistdog/handler teams in making therapeutic visits to facilities within thecommunity by providing:
- Information on where to obtain training, evaluation andinsurance to become a dog/handler team qualified to make therapeutic visits
- A list of facilities welcoming therapeutic visits fromdog/handler teams; types of facilities could include assisted living, nursinghomes, hospice care, schools and libraries
- Assistance to facilities wishing to receive therapeutic visits from adog/handler team
- Presentations to groups wishing to learn about therapeutic team visits
- Meetings for Heeling Partners members (and their evaluated dogs) toshare experiences, ideas, and feedback about their visits; brainstorm newideas; hear about volunteer opportunities; socialize; and have fun
We provide our services to facilities located in the Colorado Roaring Fork Valley from Glenwood Springs to Basalt. You may live anywhere andvisit Heeling Partners facilities in these locations. We also provide help toindividuals or groups starting their own programs in other locations. Anyonemay become a member of Heeling Partners, with or without a dog.
If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, please make your check out to "Heeling Partners" and mail to: Heeling Partners PO Box 2628 Glenwood Springs, CO 81602